Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hello and Welcome!!!


Hello Everyone...

Please excuse me if I stumble a bit as I make a real effort and attempt at social blogging. I've been on Myspace and Facebook for a while now and followed a few of my friends' blogs here and there, but never thought I would need my own. Since I find it necessary to share my life, simple interests, and work with others- I have also changed my views about blogging.
    
Through the changing tides of time, a phone call is more often rushed; meetings aren't as convenient for us to arrange; flights are delayed; our transit to and from is bumped off schedule; lunches are shorter; DAYS ARE SHORTER; time is always crunched; and our expanding population will not subside.
    
As a photographer, I consider myself to be a passionate visual artist as well as a 'visionary of revitalization' and always look for beauty and positive change throughout the world. Lately, my efforts have been toward throwing myself back into an education after knowing I needed to know more. 
    
I've been very busy lately trying to sort out my time and effortless approach to the love of my life (Photography), while networking to assist and get more hands on experience in the field. Besides the 15 plus years I've been making photos, I have weaved my way through jobs in custom picture framing, photo lab technician (Anyone remember Eckerds?), printing and bindery, art supply sales, sign making and graphic design, etc... I feel like a big ball of visual wax. I found photography to be my true calling. While I was in school producing assignments, I was called "an overachiever" by my peers. This doesn't bother me because I am used to it. When I first started shooting for an intro darkroom course, the 6 week requirements of the instructor were (10) properly exposed and composed black and white 8x10's and (10) nicely processed rolls of 36 exp. Tri-X... Needless to say- I handed in 200 prints and 40 rolls of film. IT WAS MY FIRST 'A' SINCE 3rd GRADE!
This level of productivity hasn't slowed by any means. I still have about 50 rolls of undeveloped spent film and 25 new rolls of various degree and speed.

I got my first Digital SLR a year and a half ago and between (2) hard drives I have shot over 50,000 photos! I don't think the pace will ever slow. The only real problem with this habit is what to do with all of them. This is why I have chosen a career doing what I love. At least then, my photos will have a real resting place on the walls of many, hopefully within the pages of popular editorials, and of course on computer screens across the world.

One can only hope and work towards these kind of goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment