Saturday, December 25, 2010

Kimberly and Ozvaldo's Wedding> 12-24-2010


     What a wonderful day and a great wedding to photograph. It was a small, civil, non-religious wedding, held at 15th Street Fisheries Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. The ceremony lasted all of 10-15 minutes but within a three hour period of the reception, I managed to capture over 700 exposures. I'm still getting through the rough cuts, but I picked out a couple of selects to show off.


Kimberly and Osvaldo are a young couple and were so easy to talk to, and so much fun to photograph. He is a proud Marine who may be reporting to duty very soon. His brother was tearful; his friends- very supportive; his new bride- very much in love and confident that if he had to leave for any period of time, he would return safe and they would continue building their life together. They weren't wasting any time getting married either before relocating. Osvaldo had to report to Camp Lejeune the same day!!!


These lovely newleyweds had to travel to North Carolina directly after their wedding. They said the honeymoon would come later- Kimberly added, "somewhere nice, hopefully"- when I asked what their plans were. 'One day at a time' was the overall message.

    
The holidays tend to bring people together. In this case it brought two amazing people together in matrimony. It was a great experience and I feel so lucky to add this event to my experiences as a photographer.


As the opportunities arise to display my talents and deliver passion through the lens I am confident I will become a better photographer. I am grateful for every one of these opportunities to shine. Yet,... Great moments like these seem to occur only once in a lifetime. I had a great time being the one for the job and I'm sure this family is excited to see the results and will be very pleased to see how I captured their special day.


Thanks Again Helen, and of course, Kimberly & Osvaldo, for allowing me to capture all these memories for you and your family. I wish you great success with your marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment